We posted the latest article "By when do you need to claim Japanese pension refunds?
" on YouAT Blog.
- You need to claim your pension refund within 2 years after losing Japanese address
- You cannot necessarily claim your pension refund within 2 years after the expiration of Japanese visa
- You can claim your pension refund again past 2 years from the departure if your first claim is sent back
- Special case (1) – if you stay in Japan after the expiration of visa
- Special case (2) – if you come back to Japan after losing qualification to claim, but not being registered in Japanese pension again